What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Information used solely for journalistic purposes is exempted from the Act. “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services”, is responsible for personal information under its control. Our employees are informed about the importance of privacy and receive periodic information to update them about our Privacy Code and related policies.
Children under 18 are not eligible to use “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services”, unsupervised. If you are under 18, be sure to obtain your parent or guardian's permission before you send any personal information to us, or anyone else, over the Internet. We encourage parents to get involved with their children's online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
What personal information do we collect, and why ?
“SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services”, collects personal information for specific, limited purposes. Information is collected by fair and lawful means.
- We collect contact information (for example, name, address, email address, and telephone numbers) when you register at “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services”. This information is used to complete your bookings at SPICNSPAN.CO.IN and respond to your inquires.
- You must only submit to us, or our authorized agent, information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of any changes (more information below). We reserve the right to request for documentation to verify the information provided by you.
- If you provide personal information of any third party to us, we assume that you have obtained the required consent from the relevant third party to share and transfer his/her personal information to us.
- SPICNSPAN.CO.IN also collects credit card information or account information as needed to process payments for SPICNSPAN.CO.IN cleaning services. We do not permanently store your credit card information or account information.
- If you enter a contest or other promotion, we use your personal contact information to administer the contest or promotion including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners.
- We collect booking history and a list of promotions offered to you ("history"), in order to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may develop better services and to determine eligibility for our services.
- We collect, use and store your location history to establish your location, improve your experience and from time to time to send you information, such as promotional offers, that are most relevant to your geographic location.
- We may also use personal contact and history information from time to time to contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to SPICNSPAN.CO.IN vouchers that you have received or about “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” business. In addition, if you have given us your prior consent, we may use this information to send you promotional offers and information from us, our affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers ("Marketing Offers"). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the procedure set out in our opt-out policy.
- We keep notes and special instructions on file for advertisers and subscribers to help us fulfill your request and provide customer service.
- If you wish to apply for a job on our website we will collect personal information such as your name, email address, phone number and additional information such as resume and gender. We use the information collected within this area of the website to register and process your application, to determine your qualifications for the position for which you have applied and to contact you.
- If you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy, we keep your contact information on a list so that your request can be honored. If you complain to any of our departments, we collect your contact information and the nature of your complaint, for the purpose of investigating and responding to you.
- If you are a service provider, we collect your National Registration Identity Card number for tax reporting purposes(need to confirm this for India) and your contact information in order to pay you through our third-party payment agent. We may also collect financial information (for example, banking details and credit history) from our service providers to assess credit risk, sales data to prepare commission reports and other information to help us evaluate services.
- You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services”, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” and your social media account or your mobile device.
- We may place advertising or other links on our sites that originate from outside advertisers. If you view these ads, the advertisers may assign a cookie. “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” does not control these cookies, nor is it responsible for any marketing or other use of your name by these advertisers.
- Market Research: Occasionally, we ask our customers to complete market research surveys. Survey results are aggregated and shared with our advertisers, sponsors and affiliates in a manner that does not disclose personal information. To whom does “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” disclose personal information, and why? “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- In order to provide you with Marketing Offers (see above), if you have provided consent, “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” may disclose your personal contact information to affiliates and selected sponsors and advertisers. If you do not wish to receive any further Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the procedure set out in our opt-out policy (see below).
- “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” may also disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with partners, advertisers, current cleaning businesses and/or prospective cleaning businesses to help explain our business and the effectiveness of our business or for promotional purposes. For example, we may disclose aggregated demographic information which does not include any personally identifiable information.
- “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” may transfer your personal information to service providers acting on its behalf in order to perform processing and other specialized services, for example, prize fulfillment of our contests, collection of overdue accounts, service delivery, or credit card processing.
- In disclosing or transferring your personal information to third parties and our affiliates located overseas, “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” take steps to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to the standard of the PDPA.
- In exceptional circumstances “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfillment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
- Consent and opt-out policy In general, “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” seeks consent to use your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy. Except as set out in this section, “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” obtains your express opt-in consent to use or disclose sensitive personal information. You may communicate your objection to our continual use and/or disclosure of your personal information for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time of contacting us at our e-mail addresses below. Please note that if you communicate your objection to our use and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes and in the manner stated above, depending on the nature of your objection, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such an event. If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by doing any of the following:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing Offer you receive. Inform your telemarketer at the time you are called with a Marketing Offer. Email Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. and request that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers.
- We reserve the right to use and disclose your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law, for example, if we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a domestic or foreign law, in order to protect or defend our legal interests, or to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests.
- Security of Your Personal Information “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” maintains personal information in a combination of paper and electronic files. We take technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal information. Not all “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” interactions require that credit card information be provided. If you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information by using industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. Please be aware that email is not a secure medium, and any personal information you send to us by email could be intercepted. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your credit card number, you should not send it electronically unless the email is encrypted or your browser indicates that the access to our website is secure. Materials posted to online forums such as bulletin boards or chat rooms are public, not secure and may be viewed by anyone. Any personal information you post may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages from other internet users. If you believe your privacy has been breached by “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services”, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” password to anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and other information submitted to “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services”.
- If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous bookings on our site for financial reporting and compliance reasons. We will give you access to the information we retain about you within a reasonable time, upon written request, satisfactory identification and proof of entitlement. In some cases, we may not provide access to personal information in our possession or control. If we deny your request, we will advise you in writing of the reason for the refusal and you may challenge our decision.
- Do-Not-Call Privacy Statement Notice to customers relating to the Do Not Call Provisions (DNC) under Part IX of the Act(NEED TO REFER TO THE INDIAN ACT): At “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services”, we take our responsibility to protect the information you provide us very seriously. From time to time, “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” and our partners may call or SMS our customers to inform them about our latest products or promotional offers. The DNC Provisions introduce certain changes in the way we may contact you via telephone for promotional and marketing calls and messages. If you have previously consented to receiving such calls and messages, you will continue to be updated on our promotions and marketing campaigns. However, if you no longer wish to continue to receive marketing calls or messages, you may withdraw your consent by going to the appropriate page at www.helpling.com.sg or contacting us at the e-mail address below. To the extent that any of the communication means which you have provided “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” with is/will be listed on the DNC Registry, by agreeing to this Policy, or by any means of indication, you hearby grant “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” your clear and unambiguous consent to contact you using all of your communication means you have provided to “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services”. If you have received a telemarketing call from someone representing “SPIC N SPAN Integrated Services” although you have registered with the DNC Registry or withdrawn your consent, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to challenge our privacy practices